Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Shawnee Peak Shuts Off The Lights


With my car packed before work, Jules and I had planned to make our last night skiing trip to Shawnee Peak yesterday. An employee had told me that last night would be the last night of night skiing for the season despite record snowfall. I can’t say enough about how night skiing after work relieves stress from a long day at the office and when timed right, the views over the horizon and towards the White Mountains of New Hampshire are hard to beat. Then when I check the web page to see what the expected temps were going to be, I was saddened to learn that Monday was actually the last night. While I’m not at a loss for skier days this year, I would have like one last night, but I’ll have to wait until next year. That of course will bring another topic – where I’ll be skiing at night. Yes, I’ll still race at Shawnee on Wednesday nights with my team, but if all goes according to plans, I may be able to ski on Fridays as well…

No comments: