Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Robert Conrad Sierra Trilogy - No it wasn't called that!


Jules often laughs when I talk about a particular TV show I’m watching on DVD. Why? Because it seems that just about every one that I watch is a cancelled show. I don’t think it’s that I like bad shows, but rather shows that some people just couldn’t connect with. A prime example of this would be three series that were created and starred Robert Conrad and family; High Mountain Rangers, Jesse Hawkes, and High Sierra Search and Rescue. The longest run of any of these was HMR, which managed a pilot and 13 episodes or one season, if you will. I don’t know what it was about Conrad that he tried desperately after already having an extremely successful acting career, to have a show work that was set in California and Nevada’s Sierra Mountains. He was obviously intent on it and apparently he was able to sell the idea on three separate occasions. Regardless, I love his stuff, especially the 80’s shows and anything filmed in South Lake Tahoe. The city and region should be proud that he had done all of this work.

No comments: