Saturday, April 5, 2008

Parrot Head Weekend

I'm I the only one that thinks it's just a little strange to mix Jimmy Buffett and skiing? I mean his music and auro are representative of the islands and warm weather, yet we're currently in the midst of Parrot Head weekend here at Sunday River. Not only that, but these people come out in strong numbers. Despite overcast skies today, the area where the festivities were being held was packed with people, food, music, and lots of booze. I'm pretty sure some of those folks had no business being on the slopes after that. So anyway, I digress, I like Jimmy Buffett's musics and I can see why it would lend itself well to warm spring skiing, but with this being the 21st annual festival, where is the guy? What, he can't show up to one of these things? :)

No comments: