Friday, May 9, 2008

Time to earn 'em

Being stuck on 89 days for skier days this year is not where I want to be and I think I would be a little upset if I were to not reach 90 days for the season. Of course the lifts have all shut down and there is only one way to reach such a goal. Some say the folks that hike for turns are a little nuts, but I think it has more to do with a peruit of the aforementioned "search." Hiking in the spring and skiing down a slope that still has cover is a fusion of two sports and a rare chance to get onto the slopes in a situation where everything is peaceful. Don't get me wrong, this is not an activity for folks who are not advanced skiers or riders or for anyone not willing to exert themselves a bit - you've got to carry your equipment up there in order to ski it down. That being said, Jules and I will attempt some turns at Sunday River tomorrow. While we will have to survey the resort from afar before decided on where we'll make out ascent and subsequent descent. Given that we're not there yet, I don't have pictures, but I'll certainly post some when I do.

No comments: