Monday, May 26, 2008

A day of remembering

For some, today means a day off from work or school, a barbeque with friends, or a parade down Main Street, USA, but as a nation, Memorial Day is so much more. To me, it is a day to reflect on our mothers and fathers, grandfathers and grandmothers, and uncles and aunts who served our nation and made it possible for us to become a great nation. It isn't just about those who served in wars oversees, but also those who served at home. There are those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our nation without selfishness. To be a proud American is to be proud of those who have come before us and understand the work they did to help provide a life for me and my family today. I am grateful and humble to those we honor today. I thank you for everything you did. My God bless and keep you.

No comments: